Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altera internal error again

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanwel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all;

I have previous problem that still cannot solve. I have try to use the new version of quartus2 but the internal error still occur.
I also have try to delete the db and db_increment directory but still not work. The compilation is work for the first time, before I turn on the Generate Value Change Dump File Script option (Assignments>Settings). Below is my code and the internal error:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
library ieee;
library ieee_proposed;
use ieee_proposed.fixed_pkg.all;

package my_data_types is
type sfixed_array_t is array (0 to 3) of sfixed (9 downto -8);
end my_data_types;

library ieee;
library ieee_proposed;
use ieee_proposed.fixed_pkg.all;
use work.my_data_types.all;

entity reg_one is
port (clk: in bit;
Ra: in sfixed_array_t;
out_Ra: out sfixed_array_t);
end reg_one;

architecture reg_one of reg_one is
begin
process(clk)
begin
if (clk'event and clk='1') then
for i in 0 to 3 loop
out_Ra(i) <= Ra(i) after 10ns;
end loop;
end if;
end process;
end reg_one;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Error: Sub-system: WSC, File: /quartus/neto/wsc/wsc_port.cpp, Line: 514
m_port_info.num_of_dimensions() == 1
Stack Trace:
0x251D8 : WSC_PORT::bus_member_index + 0x88 (NETO_WSC)

End-trace

Quartus II Version 8.1 Build 163 10/28/2008 SJ Web Edition
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone helps me please..really need helps. Thanks

have you tried quartus version 11?

did you know that the "after" keyword will be ignored in quartus? Why would you want after anyway, when it is a clocked process?

Yes, I already send a request to the altera MySupport.
I want to generate the output after 10ns..thanks for reply

delays like that are not possible on real hardware.

How can I make the delays 10ns on the real hardware? Some books write like out <= in after 10ns for have a delay..
thanks for reply

I guess, no VHDL book talks about using delay statements for hardware synthesis. Basically, you need synchronous designs and a respective fast clock. You'll face however the problem, that synchronous designs can change a signal state only at a clock edge, not at an exact delay relative to an input signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.