Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alpha-meric Locators in Altium Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCB Designers

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

How to do the following in Altium Designer Summer 09 ?

There are many ways to show what page(s) the signal continues to/from. The one is to use the
alpha-meric locaters on the titleblocks of each page. We would then wind up with a name like 3B2. This
would mean that the signal continued onto sheet ‘3’ and quadrants ‘B’ and ‘2’. This may seem a bit cryptic
at first, but will later prove itself useful when trying to locate that elusive signal. It also makes discussing
the schematic over the phone (or through e-mail) far easier.

I used a schematic of White Fin with the same technique used in that. Now I want to do this in my designs on ALTIUM.

Looking forward.

Regards,
Maqbool

The command is under Reports >> Port Cross Reference. And in the Schematic - General Preferences you can set how it is set up.

Maybe you need to compile the project in order to update the locations.
I am running Altium 10 and I only need to execute the >> Reports >> Port Cross Reference >> Add to project and it will update the new location.

Maybe you need to compile the project in order to update the locations.
I am running Altium 10 and I only need to execute the >> Reports >> Port Cross Reference >> Add to project and it will update the new location.

Yes, after posting the Question, I just found it by searching it on internet. I checked and verified. Then deleted my question, mean while you helped me again.

Thank you Dear a lot.

Best Regards,
Maqbool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back