Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro Error: Couldn't find padstack

Status
Not open for further replies.

rghrob

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
symbol for device not found in psmpath

I recently created a new symbol and pad, but I'm having trouble placing on the board. The .pad files are in the library padstack and I created the symbol already.
Thanks in advance.

first tellme that how and which version of aligro u have?

It may have something to do with the paths. Make sure that your symbol (.psm), device (.dev) and padstack (.pad) are in the appropriate directories. With "." and "..", Allegro paths can get really confusing. If all else fails, put everything in the same directory as the board (.brd) file.

viveklengade: Allegro 14.2

Drew3rdOF3: All the symbol files (.dra,.psm, .plt, .log, .ctl) along with the .pad files are located in the same directory as the .brd file.

Here's the exact error message:
"Warning: Symbol not found for component U25.
W- Scaled value has been rounded off.
W- Couldn't find padstack: MR_3X_6"

MR_3x_6 is the pad name, and I double checked my Library padstack.

The warning from Allegro states the problem is in the padstack. For starters, I would try running a padstack definition report from within the .brd file to see what the design thinks of the padstack.

Was all of this in the same directory when you started? If not; Have you refreshed the padstack from within the symbol and recreated the psm and txt (device) files after they were placed in the current directory?

Type "set" (without the quotes) at the command line and ensure Allegro is looking in the same directory as the design. Check that a period is the first thing in each path; before all the other variables.
You can also do this by checking the design and config paths in the user preferences editor under the "Setup" menu. Click on the value button for the path and check the box for "Expand". The period needs to be on the first line in every path for the previously mentioned extensions.

I apologize if you have already done this.

In Allegro board editor check setup-user preferences-design paths - the psmpath and the padpath should point to the library where your pad is.

SiGiNT

Set pad path & psm path & also make sure that your flash symbol & shape symbol used in the padstack editor is in your path set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back