Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro Board Outline Does Not Appear in Gerber Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

biosbg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Gurus,
I am newbie in Allegro and slowly make my way ahead. I just finished my first PCB made with Allegro and everything looks fine when I review the Gerbers with GC Preview, except the fact that I cannot see any board outline there. Is this normal? I guess not...Please help me to fix this.
Also, when I open the gerbers in GC and there appear some big rectange which is way bigger than the PCB itself and the PCB is inside the rectangle.....where this came from?
Just to note, GC does not indicate any error while importing, and Allegro does not indicate any error while creating artwork and drill file.
Thank you in advance!

You should know, how you setup the gerber file generation in Allegro. If the file generation and import to GCPrevue has been
done correctly, there should be an "outline" physical layer. If so, what data is contained in it? If not, where did you expect
the outline data from Allegro to go? If outline data is present, but shows a wrong contour, there may be a problem with
your board outline definition in Allegro.

biosbg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
is this happened in all layer or particular layer?

biosbg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I created separate "Outline" Layer in Artwork and mapped "Board Geometry - Outline" and also "Cut Marks" to it and it all worked out. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back