Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All_you_need_to_build_PicKit_2

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueroomelectronics said:
Hey I'm not dipmicro. I don't make a dime on their sales.

What is it they can get for free?

Chill out man, chill.

Hello
I don't know why blueroom is so hyped on his pickit 2. It cost more then Microchips Pickit 2. Microchip also sends a USB cable with the programmer,
that save about 10 us dollars and its in a case. Plus you get a lot of free software.

I have a Pickit 2 programmer there nice, with the shipping cost the whole package only cost $44.00 US.
I could see trying to make one just for the experience so I find this thread interesting. Thanks for the info
gogo

gogo2520 said:
Hello
I don't know why blueroom is so hyped on his pickit 2. It cost more then Microchips Pickit 2. Microchip also sends a USB cable with the programmer,
that save about 10 us dollars and its in a case. Plus you get a lot of free software.

I have a Pickit 2 programmer there nice, with the shipping cost the whole package only cost $44.00 US.
I could see trying to make one just for the experience so I find this thread interesting. Thanks for the info
gogo

Totally agree and you are welcome.

blueroomelectronics said:
One post per year since 2005, I guess I get the 2009 post horray :)

Instead making fun of it, you should appreciate it and learn from it.

People buy kits for the fun of building them. My Junebug was designed as more than just another decent programmer but also includes a simple tutor for getting to grips with PICs. We also have a couple of free newsletters with tutorials for the kit called JPUG.

The kits sell fine. Thanks for asking.

blueroomelectronics, I'll be honest with you, I really don't care how well your sales are going, in fact I really hope that you earn, because you really look like you like doing what you are doing. Today, there are not many people who have passion for anything.

What troubles me is funnypd and you when you simply rush in to other people threads, with no consideration, no shame.

Sell, sell, sell as much you like, but on your own thread.
That's it, nothing more and this goes more to funnypd than you.

Hello
Ya I mostly read the forms. I Learn more with my mouth shut.
You keep pushing the PICKIT-2 clone what about the icd adapter you need for debuggingr the low pin count pic's, like 16F628A & 48A's.
Hey look at me two post in one year. ah I should of used my other user name.
gogo

jhanus said:
blueroomelectronics, I'll be honest with you, I really don't care how well your sales are going, in fact I really hope that you earn, because you really look like you like doing what you are doing. Today, there are not many people who have passion for anything.

What troubles me is funnypd and you when you simply rush in to other people threads, with no consideration, no shame.

Sell, sell, sell as much you like, but on your own thread.
That's it, nothing more and this goes more to funnypd than you.

In any society, we find many types of people. Jhanus and me may like to design our own ( really are we doing it, other than using a published schematic), and make it to derive experience and satisfaction.
The other type wants to concentrate on programming and they are still capable of assembling a board in one is there, so I suppose these kits are for those. Then the third type, they are programmers who don't want to loose time , so they prefer to go for ready built and sold off the shelf.

Thus, my personal opinion is that we need not criticize even if we don't like the other kind of providers, as the society is complex.

I only earnestly hope that Jhanus gets my viewpoint, leave alone my lack of expression.

Thus let us concentrate on the hard ware development as per our taste, leaving others chances to use semi or full built kis or microchip manufactured items as per ones own liking. this forum is neither my own, and we share our opinions. and try to learn from others as in any society, there is a lot to learn.

as such we have not and can not prevent any other person to post across what we write, thus perhaps we need not be furious on that whether Funnynypd, or mvs sarma, or blueroom writes what he feels across where we started a post. Perhaps the site administration agrees with me. if we don't like let us ignore that post. and go ahead sharing with selective few whose posts we perhaps may like because of wavelength matching.
Jhanus, please don't be angry on me. for opening my mind. Otherwise, we are loosing our time of design and discussion of the subject, perhaps.

Sarma

mvs sarma said:
In any society, we find many types of people. Jhanus amd me may like to design our own ( really are doing it, other than using a published schematic), and make it to derive experience ands satisfaction.
The other type wants to concentrate on programming and they are still capable of assembling a board in one is there, so I suppose these kits are for those. Then the third type, they are programmers who don't want to loose time , so they prefer to go for ready built and sold off the shelf.

Thus, my personal opinion is that we need criticize even if we don't like the other kind of providers, as the society is complex.

I only earnestly hope that Jhanus gets my viewpoint, leave alone my lack of expression.

Thus let us concentrate on the hard ware development as per our taste, leaving others chances to use semi or full built kis or microchip manufactured items as per ones own liking. this forum is neither my own, and we share our opinions. and try to learn from others as in any society, there is a lot to learn.

as such we have not and can not prevent any other person to post across what we write, thus perhaps we need not be furious on that whether Funnynypd, or mvs sarma, or blueroom writes what he feels across where we started a post. Perhaps the site administration agrees with me. if we don't like let us ignore that post. and go ahead sharing with selective few whose posts we perhaps may like because of wavelength matching.
Jhanus, please do't be angry on me. for opening my mind. Otherwise, we are loosing our time of design and discussion of the subject, perhaps.

Sarma

Why should I be angry if someone express their opinion?, in fact I agree with you, everyone should express their selfs, but express not spam.
That is a big difference.

How can one post be answer to hundreds of questions or topics, it can not, post like:"we inserted new function's in our development board" are not, I repeat are NOT expressions of someones mind, they are pure spam.
When you put days, weeks, months , years in your garden, do you allow other people to walk over it, and use it as normal sidewalk, no you don't, that is why I don't want to have other people spam(foot) in my mouth.

I hope that you can see my point of view and are not offended by it.

jhanus

I suppose a lot of people (blue green yellow = joker) don't appreciate something if they get it for free I am sure they grew up getting everything for free or else cried till they got it - I live in a third world country a pickit 2 cost anything from R.650.00 rands or more the exchange is 10 to one, this is my hobby I have kids wife etc. school fees for my son is R350.00 a month etc. SO THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT I REALLY APPRECIATE IT maybe if one is too blue you dont like the other colours in life CHEERS thnk you again

in fact nothing comes free in any society, unless some one else pays for it. cost of set of loose parts and time and effort to construct and make it work, on the overall is very much on higher side as compared to cost of pickit2. the pickit2 even though quoted at $34.99 would cost you much more as taxes and international courier to be added.

let us understand that these are alternatives. Even if appears the blue is costly, one may not forget that it comes with additional chip and other support material assembled to enable learn tutorials with out additional demo board that microchip supplies.

I am of personal opinion that there is no point in ridiculing some one . if we dont need we need not purchase. and spend our bucks the way we want.!!

I am of the opinion jhanus spent his time at no cost to help others for "free?" and to fill his board with ads of their product is not "cool" - All of the product/problems on these boards can be purchased/solved if you have enough $ what's the point? - I did not see a posting buy a pick2 kit for free?

Sillo said:
jhanus

I suppose a lot of people (blue green yellow = joker) don't appreciate something if they get it for free I am sure they grew up getting everything for free or else cried till they got it - I live in a third world country a pickit 2 cost anything from R.650.00 rands or more the exchange is 10 to one, this is my hobby I have kids wife etc. school fees for my son is R350.00 a month etc. SO THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT I REALLY APPRECIATE IT maybe if one is too blue you dont like the other colours in life CHEERS thnk you again

You are welcome, thank you for speaking out your mind. They must understand their wrongdoings.
It really isn't nice of them and they definitely don't earn any credits like that in my book, I also hope others see yours and mine point of view.

I'll will continue to upload usefull stuff to help others, as others helped me in my life, so I thank them this way.

I was also able to make a PICkit2 clone.
2mg8c2v.jpg

*not capable of "programmer-to-go" function due to the absent of those two eeproms

thanks to Microchip for providing the complete schematic of their PICkit2 programmer. :D (and also the .hex file for the 18f2550)

by the way, anyone have tried/successfully made a PICkit3 ?

yus said:
I was also able to make a PICkit2 clone.
2mg8c2v.jpg

*not capable of "programmer-to-go" function due to the absent of those two eeproms

thanks to Microchip for providing the complete schematic of their PICkit2 programmer. :D (and also the .hex file for the 18f2550)

by the way, anyone have tried/successfully made a PICkit3 ?

Congrats!, it looks great.
Is it fragile?!, maybe somekind of a case to protect it.

I cannot find a case that can fit on my board, so I just let it open.
and you're right, it seems not to be a durable programmer. :(
But it looks nice.. it's considerably neat. :D

I not find hex pickit2. Help me please.

Thanks

Cassiano said:
I not find hex pickit2. Help me please.

Thanks

First post, download, unrar, open folder: "firmware", hex inside.

Where is the link to download this project?

morjuan said:
Where is the link to download this project?

In the bottom of the first post of the thread you are just writing in.
().

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back