Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Algorithms for computing logarithms of fixed point numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakshathra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm in search of algorithms that compute logarithm for fixed point numbers.
I need to develop vhdl code for the algorithm. Can someone list a few?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

I'm in search of algorithms that compute logarithm for fixed point numbers.
I need to develop vhdl code for the algorithm. Can someone list a few?

Thanks in advance! :)

try with the sampling of a particular signal..you can take any signal with a particular length and then sample it.you can look for yourself on google for various other algorithms

try with the sampling of a particular signal..you can take any signal with a particular length and then sample it.you can look for yourself on google for various other algorithms

Do you even understand the OPs request?

ok i thought it was a question regarding the algorithms which deals with fixed point..anyway i read logarthm as algorithm..or i thought it was a typing mistake in the question..my mistake i accept it..

Favorite google terms: "cordic, lookup table, interpolation". Obviously combined with "verilog, fixed point" etc.

Thanks!!
ive used the fast log coverter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back