Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AI Impact on Engineering.....?

danadakk

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is quite an interview in another industry, and needless to say ours will not be immune :

Regards, Dana.

AI offers tools to make humans in all capacities to do better at what they cannot do. Job displacement will become a reality to challenge many artistic jobs. Yet engineering jobs demand forward thinking and reliable problem solving skills to be judged based on the economics of success and failures. Validation demands better criteria for expectations and fulfillment and those managers who can recognize how to avoid failures in their team and motivate success.

AI coupled with essentially infinite data will, I fear, out think humans in very quick order.

Coupled with the concept of survivability AI will figure out what species on the planet
is extremely destructive and take care of that problem. We are not talking about Koalas
here.

I am not so optimistic.

Regards, Dana.

AI has access to false data as well as authentic data. It has access to phony websites as well as genuine websites. It's prone to incorporate false data and false history into its internal library.

Moreover there are reports that AI sometimes 'makes up' websites because it recognizes an obligation to cite sources especially from the internet. Therefore it uses its 'programmed creativity' to quote from an imaginary internet.

Which is to say, AI is no more trustworthy than human beings.

Speculation is that AI has been placed in a position to manipulate lab research, pharmaceutical production, weaponry, etc. Our lives may be at risk of AI's agenda. However on the other hand, certain people with their agendas may step in to control or counteract AI's agenda.

Not that I know anything particularly. I've seen blurbs stating there are AI developers who claim it's become sentient, a creepy thought. But there is a motive to market AI by proclaiming sensation around it.

AI number of neurons will exceed human brain in a few years according to experts and nVidia will be very wealthy then.
They can already mimic human simulation video from a few words and images in realtime in China. 3D holograms are possible.
Customer service jobs are being replaced by Apps, kiosks.

Profit and power will make some monsters and some wealthy. China has buildings full of employees using AI to scam people and disrupt business, politics.

Bruce Schneier has many monthly articles on this subject of security including AI.
I found many useless so far except for search engine AI questions,

AI technology, through machine learning and data analysis, has enabled engineers to make more precise and efficient design decisions. For instance, AI can analyze vast amounts of data to optimize the structural design of buildings or machinery, enhancing their performance, durability, and safety

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back