Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Agilent ADS Transmitter Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

leony

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads transmitter

Hello,
I need to simulate a single stage qam (upconverter) transmitter using ADS. I followed the examples (RF Design Guide) and replaced the blocks, but I am confused about how to implement the PA amplifier at the last stage? Because I could not find the s2p parameters, for example when I try to simulate the source modulation, I get nothing.

So can you give me any suggestions or sources that might help?

Thank you very much...

there are some amp design examples in the RF /Microwave section.
you can use them as subcircuit in you schematic.

Mehdi

in ads , RF system design guide u can generate a Transmitter on system level

with Amplifer design guide u can generate PA on which class u want

khouly

S parameters are not much use in this case since you are probably interested in distortion. Better to use a non-linear model.

Thank you for the replies. What I am concerned mostly about the PA, is in my transmitter design, I want to calculate the ACPR values effectively,
However in RF Design Guide, the transmitters use only normal amplifier model so I cannot be sure that simulation results are correct. Basically I need to model this amplifier:

**broken link removed**

It has 28.5 db power gain,
22 dBm output power (at this value -33 dBc ACPR for first lobe so on...)

So could you explain please how can I model this with current amplifier models or if I have to use the Amplifier design guide, how can I combine my system and this amplifier?

Thank you again.

place a AMP component from the system library Amp&Mixers
and from the datasheet get the parameters the amplifier and enter them then u have a model of ur amplifier , and if u want to get anything , get the amp measure it and u can create a P2D model of it if u have a connected solutions lic of ADS

can control the VNA to perform a power sweep , and get the a nice model of Amp

check the attached example , it is a very simple model i have created for ur amplifier

Khouly

leony

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have been using the AMP block lately to simulate a multi carrier PSK system. The results are reasonable close if I just use the IM3. If I put the P1dB in the block, the results are worse than what I measure on the parts. In the past, I have found that these blocks are only approximate and work okay for a first pass but not for a final solution. You do need to create your own model in the end.

place a AMP component from the system library Amp&Mixers
and from the datasheet get the parameters the amplifier and enter them then u have a model of ur amplifier , and if u want to get anything , get the amp measure it and u can create a P2D model of it if u have a connected solutions lic of ADS

can control the VNA to perform a power sweep , and get the a nice model of Amp

check the attached example , it is a very simple model i have created for ur amplifier

Khouly
in ads can i do it even for transceiver design since i cannot find the required ic for my transceiver design simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back