Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Agilent ADS Momentum crashes with strange errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have met the same problem before, and i have tried several methods to fix it.

1. Mesh the layout with coarse mesh, such as with small cells/wavelength or un-tick the "Edge mesh" option;

If the mesh is still too large, you can try method 2.

2. Set the "Momentum simulation resources", limit the number of threads to 1(maybe you can set the number to 2, 3, 4 or even larger).

Usually, the single thread can solve all problems, but with a much slower speed.

Please follow the above step posted by tqtstuff

Thanks.. Its working fine.. Follow the below procedure posted above

Start ADS2009
Run task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
In processes tab, find "hpeesofemx.exe" and right click it, choose "Set Affinity"
Untick to reduce CPUs if you have multicore. Simulation should work perfectly with CPU 0 & CPU 1 selected. You can raise CPU number later to check if it still work.(My case works with 6 in 8 CPUs).
Now I am working on XP 64 bit OS with ADS2009 without this stubborn error.
Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Start ADS2009
In processes tab, find "hpeesofemx.exe" and right click it, choose "Set Affinity"
Untick to reduce CPUs if you have multicore. Simulation should work perfectly with CPU 0 & CPU 1 selected. You can raise CPU number later to check if it still work.(My case works with 6 in 8 CPUs).
Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Start ADS2009
Good luck

thanks a lot!
it really works

- - - Updated - - -

thanks a lot!
it really works

I got the same problems with a powerful machine (i7 processor and 8 GB RAM) with ADS2009 running on Windows 7 64bit version...

affinity thing worked for me as well.. now running without any problem and can solve very complex structures as well...

cheers,
per_lube

Start ADS2009
Good luck
thank you very much, but what are "hpeesofemx.exe" and "hpeesofdds.exe"

The original error said it ran out of virtual memory. You could defrag your hard drive Then manually set your virtual memory page file to something huge, like 100 GB, and see if that helps. Sounds like ADS is bleeding into your virtual memory and not freeing it up when you start a new simulation

Also, get CCleaner and run a clean before every simulation to clean out the system.

I notice I have a similar problem with Agilent Genesys 2010.05. When I analyze a file with a lot of frequencies, it is only using 13% of the CPU as shown in windows task manager. I tried the above trick with cores 1 &2 only, but it was even a little slower that way. I have the "priority" set as "High". the other 87% is "system idle" during computation. What gives.

Any ideas why? Window 7 ultimate and I7-2600K processor.

I tried genesys.exe in both windows 7 and windows xp sp2 compatibility mode--no difference. XP SP3 compatibility mode seems just a little faster, but not much.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back