Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advise Needed from all the techies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammadtariq

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
We used to know EDA board from over 2 years in the university because of its manuals of s&s and etc... but I am first time posting over here because I am not finding a suitable and experienced person who can tell me what should I do.

Current scenario is this that working in PHP and making websites is my hobby, I was used to doing this in my graduation years and I just got a job last month which is based on PHP and work is sort of offshore and starting salary I got is 20K. (My other classfellows who are working at integration level in industry automation or as BSS engineers in Communication fields, got starting salary 12K). So you can get the idea where market is moving here in Pakistan.

But practically I am not enjoying my job of PHP. I am now on leave to submit my Final Year Project which is study and simulation of 802.16e on NS2. I have also worked on MAC module and found some glitches in the code and removed them.

Honestly speaking, I remain careless about my grades in all my study career. My gpa is currently at 2.2/4.0 (absolute scale)

I wanted to ask the question, what should I do now? I want to do MS now and number 1 desitanation is USA. My specialization at graduate level is in VLSI Design and studies SoC as elective. If I come there and do masters in the same field, will that help me in getting a job there or any developed country?

Secondly, If not which engineering field is better? RF, Bioinformatics, sensors, communication, embedded systems or control or any other field you people would like to suggest? Let me tell despite of my low gpa, I am a diehard developer and at this stage of my life dont want to work at integration level.

What should I do? Where should I go and which field I should take at career start?

Regards,
Hammad

Status
Not open for further replies.