Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS spice model generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM98

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i want to save only the Sd2c1 from the spara checker, any idea ?
then from Sd2c1 i have to generate a spice model to be used in orcad, should i use Narawband or BroadBand Spice Modele Generator ?
1622024003522.png

Your workflow sounds wrong. To generate a valid (useful) SPICE model, you need to have both shunt and series path. Generating the model from transmission data makes no sense.

Same for differential common/mode: if you want a physical model, use full data. I think for modelling/fitting you better use "normal" 4-port data (4 pins with common ground) instead of mixed mode data.

Thank you,
My goal is that i have to represent the PCB with s-parameters measured by VNA in a simulation model (ORcad), and what i undernstand from your saying is that i dont have to convert from standards s-parameters to mixed ones.
One other question plz, for the spice model generator, what type of spice model you recommand to get a physical model (
Lumped PI-Network Model, N-Section Ladder (rise time), N-Section Ladder (sections), Rational Polynomial (Hspice) or Rational Polynomial (MDIF)) knowing that i have a frequency range of 1MHz to 50MHz ?
Thank you again
--- Updated ---

1622035272776.png

The choice of algorithm depends on your circuit (what structure and how large compared to wavelength), but I think that for DC to 50MHz the PI model is sufficient.

About the settingS :
input file type : touchstone
file : S4P
spice model output : i specified only the name and i don't know how or where the spice model will be saved, any idea ?

1622045199375.png

--- Updated ---

1622045281674.png

There is an extension (.cir).
The spice model should be generated with .lib extension ?
I selected all files, then i had what in the second picture attached, do you have an idea waht next ?

1622047551279.png

1622047746617.png

i have generated the spice model but that i can open with model editor but wirh .cir extension i want to know if i can genarate the .lib one ?

*.cir is a SPICE circuit file, *.lib is a SPICE library
Maybe you can open another thread how to use *.cir in your target system (simulator), this is not an ADS question.

I did this by using the model editor; just as an information for the people how to know.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back