Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Ptolemy - signal representation, simulator functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

123bpm

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently started with ADS ptolemy to make digital/analog cosimulations.
A lot of things are unclear to me.

Are "timed" signals handled like discrete time or continous time signals?

Very strange: where do you set the sampling rate? It seems at the DA-converter so that it is set "from the backdoor".

In an ideal system, a one sample wide pulse should produce a sinc-function at the "analog" output after DA/analog reconstruction filter. For this I created a RF circuit subnetwork (a simple resistor divider). I tried to get that pulse (using a pulse train source) and failed. But that is the way it should be! I don't understand how the transition from discrete-time to continuous time works in ADS. :???:

It seems like this simulator is not really developped by electronic engineers and
lacks fundamental principles of dsp processing or is at least very strangely organised.

Any help is highly appreciated ;-)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back