Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS find_index() error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas.rev

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
i work actually on the description of logics cells based on new transistor technology. I try to automate my calculus in ADS but i'm blocked. Indeed, my aim is to measure the delay of the gate, with the equation
delay=t_Vout=0.95 - t_Vin=0.05. To obtain the time value when Vout = 0.95V and Vin=0.05V i use find_index() function. But sometimes for any reason find_index() returns 0, whereas when i check the curve the time value of Vout=0.95V it is not 0. I don't understand.

Thank you for your help !

if the data points of data where you are trying to have some index is low, find_index() function cannot find a good convergence on the value you specify. in these cases you can use interpolate() function to interpolate data to a much larger data points. i.e. your original data is 20 points data with bigger steps, after interpolation you get some data with 500 points with smaller steps. so it would be more probable to find the value which you search in this new array.

hint, use what() function to print the details of the data you are dealing with. you should use it in a table graphic in data display window.

Status
Not open for further replies.