Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS 2009U1 vs ADS 2011: Frequency response shift problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eee100

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am having a problem of frequency shift in ADS. I have a microstrip filter design which I simulate in Momentum. This filter's center frequency in 1580MHz in ADS 2009U1. However, the same filter's center frequency is 1615MHz in ADS 2011. I use same substrate parameters and mesh settings in both versions. Everything is same except the center frequency. Whatever structure I simulate there is always a 30-40MHz shift between two software versions. Now I don't know which one is giving the correct result. Has anyone noticed a similar problem? What could be the problem? Thank you :cool:

What is your pass band?
The microstrip filter always should have tolerance for freq.

The bandwidth is around 50MHz. The problem occurs in every design. When I simulate the design in the other version the whole band shifts around 30-40MHz. If I scale the design I can get it back to the original band...

You can also simulate in AWR to compare with ADS.
And the mcirostrip bandwidth should be about 10%, and when you need rigid limit on bandwidth, microstrip is not a good choice.

same problem in simulation of patch antenna the center frequency diffrent between ads 2009 and 2011

so ,which version is accurate results

try simulating something else .. something whose response is already known and then see which version gets close to that response.. you can have circuits with known response from internet also....!!
but as a matter of fact i guess 2011 ought to be more close to real than 2009 version.

Thank you my friend to replay

i test one layout in ADs 2011 which i have the main project in ADS 2009

there is difference in result between version

i attached the result

the main problem to transfer to ADS 2011, ADS dosnt work in may computer because it is 64-bit , also that version with ***** i dont know with all facilities or not.

please help me

Attachments

• ADS 2009_1.pdf
    139.2 KB · Views: 116

i have tried many design

i foud som results betrer in ADS 2011 and some no

so i want now whats the real results if i want fabricate the circuit

from your attach doc not just the frequency is shifted also the magnitude is decreased means more reflection. nevertheless i don't find a satisfactory reason for this behavior since you say everything else was same!!
anyways i recommend you to post the query in ADS forum of their website and ask them which version to believe !!!

thanks for replay

ok i will make post.

you what you version use and prefer which one.

I have worked on 2009 one...
but I will prefer 2011 for its new features!!

until now no body replied to me in this problem

if anybody have both version can test some antenna in both and see the results

any design simulated in ads 2009 and again make simulation in ADs2011 the results found different.

Hi, I also found the simulation results are different between ads2009 and ads2011. I used the ads 2009 momentum to simulate the inductor first. Then I opened the ads2011 and used the "convert project to workspace" to translate the project from ads2009 to ads2011 which made all the settings same. But the simulation results are not same. I do not sure which one is right

Believe any one of them, can you post the difference chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back