Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adobe Acrobat Professional in Linux ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've difficulty to get this software in LINUX platform. Just wonder anyone here is using it ?

Are you sure it is available under Linux? I know about Adobe Acrobat Reader but not about the full product.

haven't heard it. how to create a pdf printer?

make a post script file first, and then convert it to pdf using ps2pdf.

DO it really have Perofessional in Linux ???
I only see Reader for linux !!

Anyone try LaTex to create pdf file?

I do it all the time! No problems found.

Does the PDF has a linux version?

Adobe stopped selling an Acrobat Distiller for Linux with version 4 or 5. So you have to rely on windows or free tools like ps2pdf.

I want to edit the document. I don't know whether the profession edition can do it. Thanks

Professional can edit .pdf, but ... ONLY UNDER WINDOWS !

By the way, which good tools can edit .pdf under Linux ?

yes ,i have see a linux version fomer,but i forgot the site!

If you just want to create the PDF file under linux, I suggest that OpenOffice is a good choice. Output a pdf format becomes the standard option since version 1.1. Besides, I also never heard about any other version of abode acrobat except acrobat reader. :)

openOffice is a very big stuff.
I always use post stript to read .pdf.

Hi, With pdflatex you can create PDF of great quality on Linux. Use the package pdftex and you can use Kile as your editor.

Take a look at Ghostscript - it can read PDF and write PDF from postscript.

openoffice1.1 can convert doucment to PDF

Creating pdf in Linux does seem to be an issue. Best = ps2pdf.
But how to change a character ? Add a line ?
How to edit it ? ... like acrobat , not acroread.

I am also interested in get acrobat for linux which should be available somewhere at least as a beta version.

For now, i suggest you to install Vmware under Linux and then install acrobat 4 windoze on wmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.