Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adjustable switching power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

behranghm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to find a scheme for an adjustable switching power supply with the output ranging from 0-30V providing at least 1A current. as I've started to read about different configurations of switching power supplies (buck, buck boost, flyback, half bride, etc) I have become increasingly confused, because designing a switching power supply even at a constant output could turn out to be quite nasty. I don't know which configuration I should be choosing in the end. Can any body guide me what to do? I am fed up with manuals about power supplies, I am looking for some ready to build practical scheme. Or at least something that could turn into a working power supply with some manipulations. Any documentation or links would be nice.

Maybe you should consider 30VA (or slightly bigger) step-down transformer and step the mains voltage down to, say, 25-30Vac then normal stuff: fuse, bridge and smoothing cap ..
After that you can use the LM2575ADJ (or similar) switching step-down converter .. Google for it's data sheet with applications ..
https://www.epeec.ethz.ch/pdf/broeck_epe2001.pdf
This converter is adjustable, so the ouptut voltage is between 1.25V and 30, or more ..

The reason I suggested this way is that this circuit will work, and you will be protected against dangerous mains voltages (isolation provided by the step-down transformer) ..

Regards,
IanP

behranghm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.