Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adjustable current source or sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMaier

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a design hint for a adjustable current sink or current source.
I want to control the current through a solenoid (hydraulic control). The current must be adjustable by a voltage (DAC). It should be a closed loop control. The current is in the range from 50mA to 1500mA. The supply voltage is 28V. It should be a switched mode Design.

Hope I get some good ideas

Rgz HMaier

I suggest you see analog device application notes and datasheets of this ICs this give you good ideas.

AD420,AD421,AD693,AD694

www.analog.com

ok :wink:

RE: .... adjustable current sink or current source

Hi !

Use a shunt resistor (eg 1ohm for 1.5V drop @ max current) -> the current valve should be a high power mosfet (use IRF types or good old BUZ).
than take a opamp (which is able to overdrive the fet for the necessary current) and connect one feedback to the resistor.

A simple circuit can be built around the LM350 used as a current source. Check Motorola data and apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back