Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding offset with an op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adding offset op

Need help:

i'm adding DC (4V) to an AC signal. Someone told me that operational amplifiers work well for that; i've been searching for the circuit but i can't find it. Can someone post the circuit, please? Any other suggestions for the same case will be welcomed as well.

op adding offset

Why add a signal (DC) on your AC, your signal will do nothing but ride on your DC signal.

opamp add offset -low

to use an ADC next. Since my ADC do not accept negative inputs and the AC signal is +4 to -4 V, i add +4V to make it a +8 to 0 AC signal.

add offset to ac signal

There are two inputs in operational amplifier.
If you apply your measured AC on "+" input of op. ampl.
You can add offset voltage to "-" input.
( Of course "+" voltage applied to "-" input shifts op. amp. output "negative".)
You should also take into accoout the amplifier gain.
(add 1 V offset if op ampl. gain = 4)
You insert this voltage not directly to "-" input of op. ampl. but between the GND and fedback resistor.

wizzo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.