Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC of Zilog Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

akoangsimula

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
guys can u help me with this one?thanks in advance!!

how to configure your microcontroller to accept eight (8) analog inputs. The analog inputs are all derived from eight potentiometers.

A user selects the analog input to be sampled by using the keypad. Keys 1 – 8 are used to determine which analog input will be sampled. Keys 0 and 9 are disabled. Key “*” commands the microcontroller to start sampling the analog input and display the results in the 7-segments while “#” terminates the command and awaits from the user for another analog input to be sampled.

Dear you can use ATmega128 controller it has build in ADC. you can interface Keyboard easily with any port.
Rest of the thing will be done in programming.

which Zilog processor u are using... tell the name of the processsor...

thanks for the response,,
im using Z8f6421...

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Dear you can use ATmega128 controller it has build in ADC. you can interface Keyboard easily with any port.
Rest of the thing will be done in programming.

thanks for the response but we are instructed to use z8f6421,,

here i have attached the Z8 series user manual and ADC coding....
Take a look at it and do it...

hope its useful for u.....

Attachments

• Zilog ADC.txt
    962 bytes · Views: 67
  • 37921745-SlimBoard-Workbook-v7-0.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 54

here i have attached the Z8 series user manual and ADC coding....
Take a look at it and do it...

hope its useful for u.....

thanks...y does it have a printf?..we used a 4x3 keypad for the output display, for example:
Key “*” commands the microcontroller to start sampling the analog input and display the results in the 7-segments while “#” terminates the command and awaits from the user for another analog input to be sampled..

how it would be in the code...thank you...

Hi akoangsimula,

For your hardware problem, I think IRC Slimboard can help you. :) IRC SlimBoard

Just investigate on it. Your hardware problem is already addressed by that product. That is available here locally.

Hope this helps.

please help me with this one!!!

how to configure your microcontroller to accept eight (8) analog inputs. The analog inputs are all derived from eight potentiometers.

A user selects the analog input to be sampled by using the keypad. Keys 1 - 8 are used to determine which analog input will be sampled. Keys 0 and 9 are disabled. Key "*" commands the microcontroller to start sampling the analog input and display the results in the 7-segments while "#" terminates the command and awaits from the user for another analog input to be sampled.

I am using Z8F6421

thank you!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.