Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC AD7656 disfunctions when operated fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

keremcant

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using this ADC, AD7656. It says that it operates with 250kSpS. however when I operate it with 200kHz, it does not work properly.
I am using only two channels of the adc. When I ncrease the frequency of sampling, the second channel starts to output wrong values sometimes. Although it is connected to the gnd of the circuit, it outputs a very large value, around 65000, where the max value is 2^16=65536. But it does that for some samples; not all of the samples are corrupted, one out of 5 samples have high value, others are normal. And the frequency of corrupted samples increase with the increasing sampling frequency.
Any possible explanations? any help?
Thanks.

datasheet:https://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD7656_7657_7658.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back