Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adapter to program AT89C51RD2 PLCC 44 pin in ALL-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonn

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plcc44 adapter

I have AT89C51RD2 microcontroller but it's PLCC 44 pin package and I need to program this controller using ALL-11 programmer
Do you know what is the adapter connections needed to convert from PLCC44 to DIP40 for this case ?

plcc44 programmable microcontrollers

take a look at the datasheet page 9 which shows the pin configurations for the DIL-40 and PLCC-44 packages:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc4235.pdf
To build an adapter just connect pins with the same name. Example:
Pin 1 (DIL40) - Pin 2 (PLCC44)
Pin 2 (DIL40) - Pin 3 (PLCC44)
Not connected in the PLCC44 package: Pins 1, 12, 23, 34

This should be working

Mik

plcc 44 for dip 40 8051

Hi Mik!
i have a simillar question:
Adapter to program AT89C5131 PLCC 52 pin

please answer.
regards,
srinivas

all-11 adapters

Hi vasureddym,
sorry, but I can't help you out. The AT89C5131 isn't available in a DIL40 package, so your programmer has a proprietary assignment for the pins. I fear that you need that special adapter described in the other mail.

Mik

program plcc44

thanks Mik!
check out my reponse

regards,
srinivas

all 11 adapter

Btw: the user space in this USB chip is also parallel programmable. But why not programming it via USB and Atmels Flip-Tool? It's fast enough and no programmer is needed.

Mik

all 11 adapters

ya! that's true.
but:
i faced lot of problems when i tried to develop the hardware required for ISP. I couldn't program it with FLIP. FLIP gives error message "Couldn't open USB port".
Possible reason could be; the device couldn't be set to ISP mode (even after satisfying the required hardware conditions) due to incomplete circuitry.
Now i'm using a rented development kit AT89STK-05, so its going on smoothly. As I can't keep the starter kit for long, i'm in search of an alternative method.

Please respond. do you have the circuit details for ISprogramming AT89C5131, the minimum circuit details for ISP.

regards,
srinivas

pin configuration plcc 44 to at89c51rd2

Regarding the AT89C51RD2 microcontroller ; I have made the converter board from PLCC44 --> DIP 40 but the programmer can't recognize it ..
I am sure that the conversion is typical as data sheet and there is no error in the connections but the programmer gives me message (ID Code Error) !!!
Has any body faced such a problem before ?

Status
Not open for further replies.