Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active Z Parameter in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kae_jolie

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need someone to confirm what I am doing is correct in HFSS. I have a 3-element phased array that have lumped ports. I impedance match all the sources using the re and im values in Active Z Parameter plot instead of the Z Parameter plot. Is this correct? I take it Active Z stands for the active input impedance of the array elements. HFSS documentation sucks!

Thanks.

could someone please answer this question?

Thanks.

Volker,
how do I use the Active Z value? Do I set the excitation magnitude of 1 port to 1W and the rest to 0 and then read the Active Z re and im values for it, then move to next port and set to 1W and the rest to 0 and repeat for all ports,
or do I just excite all ports at same time and read their Active Z re and im values?

Vielen Dank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back