Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active antenna simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mateusbatera

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there. I googled an active antenna schematics and tried to simulate it using ADS. Acording to the result, S11 is 0dB throughout all the band and S21 varies between 11dB and 17dB. The band is 1-30MHz. What's the meaning of this?

The S11 parameter says that all signal is being reflected, but the S21 says that there is a gain greater or equal to 11dB. Is the circuit working as it should? The schematics is attached. Notice that I modeled the antenna as a 5ohms input terminal (the impedance is low because the antenna is electrically small).

To get gain flatness and good return loss over this bandwidth, using this kind of schematic is challenging.
I would recommend using a Norton type preamplifier which has many advantages over this frequency range.

See second and third examples in the link below:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back