Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Actel Flash based FPGA programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am using Actel PROASIC3, it is having a 1kb flash. If i want to program the FPGA then i need a STAPL file.
here my question is how can we programm if we have a STAPL file having size more than 1kb (i.e more than flah size). please let me know the procedure to program the device. and also let me know the relation between flash size and STAPL size
thank you
regards
Rajesh Chirumamilla[/quote]

STAPL file is the file which is going to use to program the Flash in side the FPGA through ISP (In System Programming), DirectC method. so there is no relation between the size of STAPL file and flash memory size of the FPGA.

Hi,
STAPL is the format of the file for flashpro programming. it will not affect inside the memory as well as tiles in the FPGA. u can see the how many tiles and memory has taken by the design in synthesis report.

Status
Not open for further replies.