Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Acer Aspire 5715z DC power jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazgas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Can anyone tell me if this can be replaced without soldering? I have seen a replacement with wire that says "no soldering required" thanks image.jpg

It looks as though there is a splice-connector in the middle. Or maybe it's to reverse the polarity to the jack.

Even if it will connect to a circuit board (somewhere), you probably have to disassemble the housing to get at circuit boards. There's no guarantee it will be easy. Do you know exactly where to plug it in?

And I think you'll need to find (or cut) an opening somewhere, so that you can run that new power jack outside the housing.

Do you need this fixative because your power jack is broken? Have you looked at message boards to see what people recommend? The power jack is easy to break, hard to fix. A technician might charge over $100 to take the unit apart, and solder in a new jack, or just repair broken traces caused by stress on the jack.

Or, you might find technicians offering discount repair jobs on Ebay, in case you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.