Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Access sound card in delphi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
waveinaddbuffer scope delphi

Hello
How I can access the sound card in delphi,and I get voice signal samples ?

Hi,
if u r using windows platform, the use the Windows SDK to access the sound card and get voice signal samples,
more specifically, Windows SDK provided access to ur sound card functionality via the Windows Multimedia SDK and this has the total Multimedia sdk, i think u need to use Multimedia Audio sdk, this has a sdk component "Waveform Audio" and this sdk provide u functions to access, record and play voice signals,
if u have installed windows plaform sdk then look for "waveInAddBuffer" or waveInxxxx() functions and u r on ur way.
one more thing u need to figure out how to call the winapi functions from delphi if u have not called them before, read the delphi compiler documentation.

there is a series of articles in Elektor 2005 about using Delphi to build scope and signal gen using sound card, and explain how to use Windows APIs (through Delphi)to access the sound card
hope it helps....

An example of using the soundcard and then filter it (using FFT) can be found here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back