Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accelerometer data transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddyp007

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a three-dimensional accelerometer. I am planning to use x and y axis for my project. I have connected the two axis to the ADC of my atmega32. So, i'll be getting two 8-bit values of ADC. I want to transmit them through zigbee. How will i know which axis has been received at the other end?:oops:

* Can you transmit both x and y positions, one after the other as a rigid protocol, regardless whether it was x that has changed, or y? This is the simplest way (but it's probably unsatisfactory or you wouldn't be asking the question).

* Or can you transmit an extra byte of information before each datum is sent? Send a value of 1 as an alert that the next datum is for the x position. Send a 2 to alert that it will be for y position. This assumes the receiving end can understand your protocol.

* Can you intercept the ADC output? Also is it sufficient for you to have only 127 values of resolution for each axis? You could convert all x positions to a positive value (between 0 and 127). Convert all y positions to negative (that is, with the leftmost bit set to 1). Test for a 1 in the leftmost bit at the receiving end.

* Or transmit the x position as an odd value only (by setting the rightmost bit to 1), y position as even values only (with the rightmost bit set to 0). Test for even/odd at the receiving end. Then divide by 2. Again this will work only if you are willing to have only 127 values of resolution per axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.