Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accelerometer chips | stamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

polo-g40

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking at 3way accelerometers on ebay. They look simple enough but come in either bare x-y-z analogue outputs or built up i2c modules.
The aim is to make my mini-robocar balance on its end on 2 wheels. A bit like a 1dimensional segway to start with.

If I use a bare analogue module and a 16f, will it take longer to A2D convert 3 inputs than would to do an i2c read of 4bytes.? I want it to get sensor data as often as possible but keep the motor's clock as constant as possible if its going to be trying to stay with its head in the air.. Interupt handling can put the values in variables for the controlling routines for the motors to keep it as realtime as possible but I would be appreciative if someone has done this recently and can let me know of their performances and pitfalls..
Many thanks in advance

Neal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.