Not open for further replies.

AdvaRes

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I tried Abstract generator to generate abstract for layout. The try was on a simple inverter having A as input Y as output and GND/VDD as input/output pins (schematic view). In layout view of this inverter these I/O are labels on Metal 1.

In the Virtuoso Layout Editing window I select Tools>Abstract Editor and then I select Abstract>Create Abstract. A new windows pup up and I press OK. Another window pop up. I select my component and choose Flow>Pins and finaly I press Run and I get the following report:

WARNING (ABS-508): No Map text labels to pins settings specified for bin Block therefore default settings will be used.
LOG (ABS-1300): Cell inverter: step Pins started
INFO (ABS-514): Cell inverter: prBoundary successfully created.
WARNING (ABS-515): Cell inverter: prBoundary does not enclose all cell view geometry. Specify any missing layers in the Using geometry on layers field.
INFO (ABS-505): Cell inverter: created pin "A" for label "A" at (225,970)
INFO (ABS-505): Cell inverter: created pin "GND" for label "GND" at (540,205)
INFO (ABS-505): Cell inverter: created pin "VDD" for label "VDD" at (545,1865)
INFO (ABS-505): Cell inverter: created pin "Y" for label "Y" at (880,965)
INFO (ABS-503): Cell inverter: 4 pins created
WARNING (ABS-1007): Cell inverter: PLS_RCMAX_RCc and abstract.pin views terminal VDD have different types
WARNING (ABS-1007): Cell inverter: PLS_RCMAX_RCc and abstract.pin views terminal GND have different types
LOG (ABS-1301): Cell inverter: step Pins finished

I go back to the library manager in which an abstract.pin wiew is created for the inverter. When I open it I find no abstract view but the same original layout.

Could someone tell me what step I have bypassed ?

AdvaRes said:
Could someone tell me what step I have bypassed ?
Hi again, AdvaRes!
From the layout window menu, use Tools -> Layout XL (if not already available, and if you have the license for it). Then, from the Layout XL menu: Abstract -> Create Abstract...
That's it ;-)
Saluts, erikl

AdvaRes

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Erikl,

I tried your procedure but the Layout XL has no abstract in its menu. I select Tools -> Layout XL the Layout editor changes from Virtuoso to Layout XL but there is no Abstract in the menue. So I Choose Tool>Abstract editor, the Abstract appear in the menu but the Editor changes again automatically to Virtuoso.

What seems interresting is that the Layout XL has a Routing button in the menu. If I choose Routing>Export to Router will this generate abstract ?

Thanks in advance.
Advares.

So you probably have no license for Layout XL!

AdvaRes said:
What seems interesting is that the Layout XL has a Routing button in the menu. If I choose Routing>Export to Router will this generate abstract ?
I don't have such a button in my Layout XL menu, so I can't know (but I doubt it).
Sorry! erikl.

AdvaRes

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…