Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about the stability of an OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring1860

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i designed an ota ,and the ac performance is shown below, What the problem is the phase curve ,it start from 180deg fall to -90deg but then it rise to 240deg at freg=GBW, (see label "B") , and i dont know whether it is stably or not ..

can someone say something about the stability of an ota !

Can you show the testbench for the OTA stability simulation. Maybe there is error...

Also you can use transient to check stability

It looks like a high-frequency zero, for example when the input signal begins to couple directly across one stage.

So although the amplifier is not fast enough to amplify at this high frequency, the signal can be passed directly through just with the parasitic capacitance.

Alex_IC said:
Can you show the testbench for the OTA stability simulation. Maybe there is error...

Also you can use transient to check stability

Hi Alex_IC:
I just do an AC analysis, and calculate the phasemargin from the phase curve ,but the phase curve falls first and then rise, i dont know which point should i refer to ..
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back