Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about the MMSE channel estimation in OFDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJiang

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
channel estimation in ofdm

in MMSE OFDM channel estimation algorithm, the channel correlation matrix is used to calculate the channel response.
my question is how can we get the channel correlation matrix?
should we calculate the matrix use the empiristic channel model?

thanks!

This matrix is usually used for mathematical analysis which reveals the BEST results under some assumptions. In real implementation adaptive algorithoms are more attractive which avoids matrix calculation and inversion.

carpa said:
This matrix is usually used for mathematical analysis which reveals the BEST results under some assumptions. In real implementation adaptive algorithoms are more attractive which avoids matrix calculation and inversion.

what's the adaptive algorithms?
could you show me some clue about them?

LMS is the simplest adaptive one which is used frequently for channel equalization and estimation.

MrJiang, could you tell where did you find the thing that the MMSE-OFDM channel estimation algorithm needs the channel correlation matrix to be calculated? what is your reference I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.