Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about sinc function...

Status
Not open for further replies.

super

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all :
somebody can tell me what is "sinc" function and
what's physical mean ?

thanks.

Hi super,

sinc(x) = sin(pi*x)/(pi*x)

It is the Fourier transform of a rectangular pulse.
Regards

Z

Thanks zorro,
I want to know the physical mean .
Why we need it and what's the benefit
and where we can use it ?

Thanks .

A perfect "brick-wall" filter in the frequency domain has a time domain transform of a sinc function, hence the name "sinc filter". This kind of filter is physically impossible to implement, but is often used in theoretical concepts.

There is another kind of filter called "raised cosine filter", which is physically realisable, and also has the desirable property of zero inter-symbol interference when used as a pulse shaping filter in communications. And the sinc function is actually an extreme special case of the raised cosine function.

super

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
like inverted BELL structure whose tail(on both directions) run towards infinity by alternating between positive and negative values. i mean unlimited BAND....this is true for f domain

in time domain structure is BANDLIMITED one

thanks everyone help,
It means sinc function is only appear in formula ,
but didn't have this filter in real world .

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back