Not open for further replies.

spring1860

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can someone tell me wich software is more useful for the simulatin of mix-signal circuits ?

THX.

I've used Orcad PSIPCE with schematic capture for that recently. I was far from convinced by it as a useful tool (I was only using flip-flops and some logic gates along with a whole bunch of analogue stuff), I'm not sure how it is for handling HDL type stuff.. A few years ago I used AdvanceMS by Mentor Graphics, with I think, the ELDO simulator (it's about 5 years ago), and you could simulate VHDL and link it with spice. It was reasonably accurate as it used the normal HDL simulation software along with PSPICE.

I think it depends on the complexity of your system, and whether it is a big analogue system with some digital controlling stuff or vice-versa.

Hopefully somebody knows more about this area than me.

yeah mentor ADMS is great , also cadence AMS designer is veru good as well

khouly

spring1860

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank all U very much
its really helpful to me

use system vision from mentor graphics.

Does anyone know any tool which is free and that allows you to simulate decent size designs. I tried smash, but its limitations are a joke. It's pretty much just a DAC or ADC and that's it. Anything extra exceeds the limitations.

If anyone can help with a link for a free tool for AMS + HDL simulation, Id really appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…