Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about mix-signal simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring1860

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can someone tell me wich software is more useful for the simulatin of mix-signal circuits ?

THX.

I've used Orcad PSIPCE with schematic capture for that recently. I was far from convinced by it as a useful tool (I was only using flip-flops and some logic gates along with a whole bunch of analogue stuff), I'm not sure how it is for handling HDL type stuff.. A few years ago I used AdvanceMS by Mentor Graphics, with I think, the ELDO simulator (it's about 5 years ago), and you could simulate VHDL and link it with spice. It was reasonably accurate as it used the normal HDL simulation software along with PSPICE.

I think it depends on the complexity of your system, and whether it is a big analogue system with some digital controlling stuff or vice-versa.

Hopefully somebody knows more about this area than me.

yeah mentor ADMS is great , also cadence AMS designer is veru good as well

khouly

spring1860

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank all U very much
its really helpful to me

use system vision from mentor graphics.

Does anyone know any tool which is free and that allows you to simulate decent size designs. I tried smash, but its limitations are a joke. It's pretty much just a DAC or ADC and that's it. Anything extra exceeds the limitations.

If anyone can help with a link for a free tool for AMS + HDL simulation, Id really appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back