Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About capacitor value and what it says 1000mf,25v,105

Status
Not open for further replies.

udayp

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir,

I got a SMPS board which is having capacitor 1000mf 25v and 105 printed on that it bulged.

Can I replace that with 2200mf 50v only which don't have any print like 105.

And what is 105 .

105 means 105 degree C and is a maximum working temperature. I guess, that 85 °C standard will be enough for your purposes. 50 V instead of 25 V is fine.

105 is the maximum temperature the capacitor can tolerate. 105 means 105 degrees celsius. You might have some other writing on it like 85, which would indicate 85 degrees celsius. 50v is okay. You may or may not replace it. You also need to know the ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) of the capacitor you're going to insert and if it is low enough. To check that, you need an ESR meter.

Thanks for all.

In some circuits operating at very high switching frequency, the capacitor at output stage heats due to ESR factor.
Then, a proper component classified to that application can be used.
Should be great to check at older P/N device, if meets that requirement.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back