Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a variable voltage between 0 to 500 volt with 5 mega hertz frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

imanesmaili

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
hi
i need an oscillator in 5 mega hertz frequency with the voltage in the range of the 0-500 volt that can supply about 5 watt.
i don't have any idea about the circuit which can supply this range of the voltage and frequency, please help me as much as you can.
tnx alot

Use DDS ( AD9851) to generate signal plus class D RF power amplifier plus a very good power-supply

would you please give me some detail about the class D power amplifier which i should use?
can't i use some vacuum tube lamp circuit for this target???

What's your freq stability? And what's your impedance of the circuit? 500V vs. 5W?
You can use a 10M crystal and divide the freq by 2, then you can get 5MHz.

Use a 5MHz crystal to make an oscillator followed by a MOSFET power amplifier stage, made for example with a cheap IRF510 transistor.

**broken link removed**

https://www.qsl.net/kd7rem/5wpa.htm

dear all thank you very much for your help, but making a 5 mega hertz sine signal is not my problem,
actually making a signal with variable amplitude in the range of 0-500 volt with maximum of 5 watt power is my problem, please help me.

I really cant see the possibility of keeping to 5W output when the generator has a 500V supply !!??

I suggest you explain clearly to all of us exactly what you are trying to achieve
cuz at the moment we are all just playing the guessing game and wasting time

Dave

dear dave,
i don't know where is the ambiguity of my explanation for you?

i don't know where is the ambiguity of my explanation for you?
Even the simple number 500 V isn't clear. Can be Vrms, Vp, Vpp. The most interesting point is load impedance. Is it real (resistive)? Can we read your question as "5W @ 500 Vrms into a resistive load"? And less power at partial output voltage?

If the signal is 5 MHz CW, the question refers to a pure impedance matching problem. Have 5 W e.g. from a 50 ohm generator output and transform/match it to an arbitrary load impedance. Transformers and LC networks can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back