Not open for further replies.

mugheesnawaz

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
variable power source (like solar panel) component in proteus required

i want library for a solar panel in proteus or a variable power supply which gives voltage and current variation during simulation.kindly help

Re: variable power source (like solar panel) component in proteus required

A PV panel puts out high A at low V, or low A at high V. It depends on how much you load it.

Example:
0.1 A @ 20V (2W, light load)
4 A @ 0.5 V (2W, heavy load)

Maximum power transfer is at a middle point. Example, 2A @ 12V (24W, medium load).

This is difficult behavior to model in a component. I have not seen a simple circuit which is able to mimic it.

Thanks for the reply,i thought there is some component for it just like i have downloaded microphone's library the other day.
i would be very thankful if you can find a variable power supply for proteus as the one attached (image)

would appreciate any reply from others as well

To simulate a PV panel, I believe it's okay to use a DC source and a resistor in series.

The scope traces agree pretty much with real tests I did on my PV panels, by attaching different value resistors.

Notice you do not get maximum power at highest V or highest A.
Rather it occurs at a middle point. It is where the load equals the panel's internal resistance. This is the principle of impedance matching.

Thank you so much i am doing what you guided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…