Not open for further replies.

ss_shrenik

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I wanted to port a text editor on ARM microcontroller (it could be LPC2148 or Stellaris one not decided yet, will decide based on memory requirements). I found leafpad text editor which is a light editor and its source code is available and i am thinking to port that on ARM (http://tarot.freeshell.org/leafpad/). Please let me know if any suggestion or someone have tried to port text editor share guidelines if any.

What do you envision for the display device?

A Nokia Display. prob 3310 display.

Please let me know if any suggestion or someone have tried to port text editor share guidelines if any.

Well for starters, select a larger display! :lol:

I'd rather have a sharp stick inserted under a fingernail, rather than attempt to edit text on a Nokia 3310.

Since you are utilizing a microcontroller with real horsepower, why not incorporate a larger display like a monochrome 128x64 or 160x128?

The KS0108B chipset is fairly straight forward to interface and code.

BigDog

I could not agree more with BigDog. If you are staying with the 3310, then I would look for FIELD editting code - like BOSS [C code modules for field editting]

I could not agree more with BigDog. If you are staying with the 3310, then I would look for FIELD editting code - like BOSS [C code modules for field editting]

I am selecting nokia display to reduce cost, as its cost only around 70-80rs. I want to make the device cheaper.

I would look for FIELD editing code - like BOSS [C code modules for field editing]

Maybe you can implement a Zoom feature for those of us whom rely on reading glasses. :roll:

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.