Status
Not open for further replies.

Truedeal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anybody designed a micro-controller for a general motors automatic transmission?
I have a special project in which one is needed. I have a 1995 GMC Jimmy with four wheel drive and the computer is not functioning on the transmission. I won't require cruise control or any of that. Just shifting gears up and down and locking the torque converter as necessary. I know nothing at all about the small microprocessors that some of you people seem to know very well.

hello very intersting project you got there , i always dream of that. because it can be done .robotics controlled by a microcontroller will do the job , i think that the challenge here is the interface between the transmission and the micro.
do you have any scheme you can provide ?

I have the chilton's service manual with schematics. I figure that monitoring the Tachometer and the speedometer will give enough information for the computer to do the job. This truck has the 4.3 L V-6 Vortec engine. It was fuel injected and that failed and it was cheaper to change the intake manifold and put on a four barrel carburetor. By do that the throttle position sensor was lost.
I'll check the manual and see if there is any usable information in it. If there is I can scan it and turn it into a pdf file. I would appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.