Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question on the dc offset loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chang830

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question on the dc offset loop for high gain amplifiers(such as limiting amplifiers). we know, to reduce the mismatch effect of very high gain amolifier, a dc offset loop is always included in the design. Except the low pass RC filter, I found some of them have a buffer(such as source follower)in the loop path, while some of them have a amplifier(transconductor)stage in the loop opath.

Would anyone tell me why a buffer, amp stage included in the lop path? In what conditions, a buffer, amp stage or none of them selected in the loop path?

Thanks

chang830 said:
I have a question on the dc offset loop for high gain amplifiers(such as limiting amplifiers). we know, to reduce the mismatch effect of very high gain amolifier, a dc offset loop is always included in the design. Except the low pass RC filter, I found some of them have a buffer(such as source follower)in the loop path, while some of them have a amplifier(transconductor)stage in the loop opath.

Would anyone tell me why a buffer, amp stage included in the lop path? In what conditions, a buffer, amp stage or none of them selected in the loop path?

Thanks

I can only guess because I can't see the schemtic of the buffer method and the transconductor method. Maybe the source follower is used as a level shifter for some particular consideration. Sometimes the Gm-Cell is used in the feedback path in order to reduce the chip area by replacing the RC integrator with Gm-C integrator.
Any way, the RC filter is the most popular method in DC offset cancellation loop and most effective.

sixth

sixth said:
chang830 said:

Thanks

I can only guess because I can't see the schemtic of the buffer method and the transconductor method. Maybe the source follower is used as a level shifter for some particular consideration. Sometimes the Gm-Cell is used in the feedback path in order to reduce the chip area by replacing the RC integrator with Gm-C integrator.
Any way, the RC filter is the most popular method in DC offset cancellation loop and most effective.

sixth

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, it caused some confuse. I mean the low pass filter is still consists of RC filter, but some also have a buffer or Gm stage in their loop path.

Can anyone explain it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back