Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question on the complementary mos switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

wholx

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
during a simulation with spice, i found a weird curve of RonN and RonP versus the input voltage.

let's have a look at the nmos. suppose the VGS=VDD in the simulation. VD=Vin which rises from 0 to 5V linearly.

anyone can tell me what happen if the Vin is reaching VDD-Vthn and then passes it? how about the Ron of the NMOS?

what i see was the Ron surged to several Gohms around VDD-Vthn. well, as the Vin continues to increase, it surged down to several hundred ohms and then began to increase. i dont know what happened. maybe the charge injection changes the Ron during the mode transition period? but the gate control voltage is always VDD, i don't think the charge injection is important here.

any idea is welcome.

thx!

wholx

Hello, I just did a simulation on the on resistance of MOS switches recently but I did not find anything peculiar. For a NMOS switch, its resistance increases sharply as Vgs approaches Vth and below. Charge injection only occurs only when a switch is open, and I don't see it has anything to do with your obeservation. Maybe you could include your testbench?

hi,
at VDD-VTN , for nmos swiched, Ron goes to infinity, its normal. U can see the expression for Ron. For Vin = Vdd-Vtn expression has zero in denominator so Ron is infinity.

Is this what ur quiestion is??????

vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.