Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question on CADFEKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wave-maniac

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadfeko

Is it possible to change the value of variables defined in CADFEKO indirectly without openning the related CADFEKO file, e.g. using EDITFEKO? If so, how?

I would appreciate your comments.

edit feko & cadfeko

I don't think so
meshh generate it into cadafeko
every change over edit feko it dosent change the mesh

how to use cadfeko

i think it is possible if the geometry is defined entirely on EDIT FEKO i.e without importing from CAD FEKO.Otherwise i dont think it is possible to edit the variable.

editfeko edaboard

Use "cadfeko_batch myfile -#var=value" from the command line

from cadfeko to editfeko

Hi, I dont want to create a new topic while there many releated topics.
I m a new user of FEKO and I m a little confused about wheter i use cadfeko or editfeko. I m designing series fed patch array.

Which one do you prefer in FEKO, CADFEKO or EDITFEKO?

Designing something by typing step by step makes us confident. But does it provide something more than cadfeko does? Cadfeko looks simple and rapid. Because I m new, I have not experinced yet to compare cadfeko and editfeko. But I can say that meshing process is much easier in cadfeko than in editfeko.

I use PM(polygon mesh) to mesh a geometry in editfeko but it accepts max 13 corners, what if when we have many many corners, isnt it tedious?

To sum up, are there any disadvantages of using cadfeko compairing to editfeko?

Thanks.

cadfeko

Definitely use CADFEKO! EDITFEKO is for advanced settings and you only use it when it's needed. Even if you would need it, you wouldn't need it for creating any geometry. It is usually if you want to switch on/off multiple sources in one run where you could use IF statements and FOR loops for example.

What if you want to create repeated objects (i.e. an array of similar, but slightly different length antennas)? Can you do this in CADFEKO, or is it best to use EDITFEKO?

@Zangetsu57: Sure you can, it's very simple, right click then choose copy, the new one will appear. If the copied object is inside a union, the new one will be outside that union, however, you can drag it inside the union if wish.

Is it also possible to create a hyperbolic surface in CADFEKO? As far as I see in FEKO5.5, we can only add it in EDITFEKO!

Hadi

Is it also possible to create a hyperbolic surface in CADFEKO? As far as I see in FEKO5.5, we can only add it in EDITFEKO!

Hadi

I have 6.3 and there is in CADFEKO a hyperbolic arc. If you spin this you will get a hyperbolic surface.

Good idea, it exists in 6.1 too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back