Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about Power Splitters.Combiners

Status
Not open for further replies.

bless_fooling

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
whether Power Splitters/Combiners in input DC???
for example
mini-circuits's ZFSC-2-2500+ type whether it can input a DC at all the ports ??

It depends on application. Some splitters designed not to have DC path in order to prevent shortage for connected active circuits. But some splitters have DC path. For example splitters for satellite TV must have at least one DC path able to convey 24 V and up to 0.5 A to equipment mounted outside of the building (antenna, LNB and so on). Usually such path is marked by red color on the splitter body.

Best regards,
RF-OM

Hi,

What u need exactly dear friend!?
If u design Splitter/combiner in general u don't have series capacitor so DC will path,
but if in your application this make a problem just put bypass cap!!

David

Dear DDavid,
You probably mean DC blocking capacitor to blocking DC. Bypass caps we use for decoupling power supply lines. Including DC blocking capacitor may be not easy on high frequencies due to intrinsic parasitic. Good DC blocking cap may cost about $3 per piece. Regular capacitors may have narrow bandwidth for low ESR and, therefore introduce series resistance and more parasitic into the circuit. As result return loss degrades and effective insertion loss increases whereas frequency bandwidth decreases. It is good idea to check ESR vs frequency plot for chosen capacitor before use it. The best is to obtain S-parameter file for this cap and simulate the circuit with it. Then you will get results close to actual and may make the final decision.
Best regards,
RF-OM

mini-circuits's ZFSC-2-2500+ type whether it can input a DC at all the ports?

I had a try and it can input DC , it not include DC-BLOCK function

The ports are DC shorts.

I know I'm right because it rhymes. Plus, I used to work for Minicircuits, actually RF Prime, but Minicircuits bought us.

Yendori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back