Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about conical horn antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChowChen

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
te11 mode conical

Conical horn antenna used be feed by TE11 mode.Main beam is at θ=0.If we feed
antenna by TM0n mode,the main beam is not at Θ=0. In "Modern Antenna Design".First edition (McGraw.Hall),I find TM01 mode feed horn. But the paper
about this antenna is few.

I want to know, if I feed with other mode (TM02,TM03,....),how to analyse gain,main beam. If i give a main beam direction , how to get a size of concial horn.

Thx

usually, ad hoc software simulators will solve the horn analisys for TE11 fed horns.

Advanced and expensive simulators like hfss, cst may take in consideration high order modes.

But generally the fundamental, TE11 mode is looked for and wanted. Higher modes are used to build the monopulse radar but the bottlenek is the very complicate feed system that is required.

but i want to get a radiation pattern . Main beam is at Θ=50. By reolution,i could feed horn with TM0m mode,but i don't know how to control patern

I have similar question.

When the horn is conical, and corrugated, the whole principle is about how higher modes are managed by the corrugations to produce the desired effect.

We can define the shape. We can put it in a "air box". We can set conductivities for the boundary surfaces. We can define a excitation plane at the waveguide input.

What we need is to discover the right way to offer the polarized feed, and end up with a radiation pattern plot.

Instead of using an ad hoc software, I've tried a first approximation with a wire antenna software, such as **broken link removed** and it worked Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back