Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a new job about SOC or SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph_lee

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Dear Friends;

I am looking for a new job as an RF engineer. I got two opportunities: one is to be an RF transceiver IC desiging engineer and the other is to be an RF LTCC (low temperature co-fired ceramic) module designing engineer. SOC seems the main trend for the whole IC industry, but it is said that RF front-end is difficult, if possible, to be assembled with other blocks of chips and the solution to this problem is system on package (SOP). LTCC is one form of SOP. Would you guys give me some advises?

best regards,

I'm not RF engineer. But based on my pass experiences, an advanced technology might not make you money within 2 to 5 years (maybe longer). Many companies with very advanced technologies failed just because marcket timing was incorrect while some companies with so-so technologies earned big chunks of marcket because they catched right train. This is from financial point of view.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.