Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a little help in an RF VCO's Data sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirengineer

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey every body this is my 1st subject so i would be very grateful if you Expert ppl

help me with those terminologies & the function of each

(this info. is broughted from a VCO's Data sheet):

*Harmonic Suppression (2nd Harmonic)

*Pushing ( in MHz)..is this the frequency of the Tuning signal in the i/p of the VCO?

what shall it means "Pulling all phases"& what is the importance of this information?

Pulling, all Phases (what shall this means?)

*Tuning Sensitivity

*Phase Noise @ 10kHz offset

-Harmonic supression=The level of 2nd harmonic compare to main carrier (-dBc or simply dB)
-Pushing=The sensivity of the VCO frequency regarding to Vcc (supply) voltage.So, when the supply voltage is changed, how much the VCO frequency shifts from desired frequency.It's a figure of merit the frequency-supply voltage dependency
-Pulling= The sensivity of the VCO frequency regarding to load impedance."All phases" means that when the magnitude of the load impedance is fixed, the phase angle of this impedance won't change thepulling effect, so it's independent from phase of impedance
-Tuning sensivity=Delta VCO Frequency/Delta Tuning voltage so the slope of the tuning curve.(It's not constant in everwhere..!! )
Phase Noise=At a certain offset frequency from main carrier, the integrated noise power in 1 Hz bandwidth (-dBc/Hz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back