Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A KW Switch Mode Regulated High Voltage Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.u seems to know much about smps.are you into smps designing?

Hi
i plan to make HV full bridge : i will start from a PFC at 400VDC ,i need an output of 3000V @ 1A DC , i plan to use EFD59 cores and a full bridge driven by UCC3895 .
Any hints on the SMPS, i think i use multiple secondaries each with bridge rectifier and put several in cascade . I think this is better then using a single secondairy with a 3 KV bridge recttifier.
I think the HV is a real challenge.
Another alternative is use 1 single secondairy and use voltage multipifiers with diodes and caps to reach my goal.
Any recoomendations ? I can't find much on the web, most SMPS are for low voltage/high current.
I only have ETD59 .

i was thinking of feeding this circuit from a full bridge transformer 1/1
This would avoid having high voltage secondairies, but requires higher current from the secondary.

My other idea is to have multiple secondaries each with a bridge and capacitor in cascade.
That would require multiple secondaries, but each with moderate current.

I would like to end up with an output capacitor not too large.
(My current 50hz based power supply has 100µF@3500V , that's a lot of joule if you get a short on that one ) :shock:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back