Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89s52 with Xbee pro and UART help

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcsangv

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello experts!
need to help for my project.
i got 89s52 and xbee pro module connected as i set the Xbee pro with 9600 baudrate.

Connect Dout Pin with <-->Rx pin of 89s52 and Xbee Din Pin with <--->Tx of 89s52 for communication.
my doubts are.
1. Are these pin configuration enough or not as i need to transmit just 8 bit of data continiously.
2. should i also use Pins like CTS and RTS of xbee? If yes where should i connect them with 89s52.
3. need some instructions how to write program for UART communication as i have no idea how the coding is done for UART as i know is we can concect only 1 pin from MC to 1 pin in xbee. so this is a serial communication .
help me in coding.

4. 3.3 v is for VCC only for XBEE or we need to reduce 5 V of of MC to give data in in Xbee also ..Please suggest me>
i really need help in it.

Dear,

A level conversion circuitry is needed to connect data lines communicating at different levels. Do not reduce the VCC for microcontroller and also do not try increase VCC for Xbee.
CTS and RTS are used for handshaking during communication. You can leave them open .
Connect Dout of Xbee with Rx of 89s52 and Din of Xbee with Tx of 89s52 with level conversion.
Thanks,

Regards
Gapoo

Status
Not open for further replies.