Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89s52 burning proceedure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Engineer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to burn 89s52 without using a burner??? I heard that atmel v series micro-controllers can be programmed without burner....

89s52 can be programmed from a source which sends proper voltages and data sequence at the approprite pins.

for example , can be from a parallel port of PC or serial port with reqd circuitry.

is it that you mean without a burner ?

Is it possible to burn 89s52 without using a burner??? I heard that atmel v series micro-controllers can be programmed without burner....

you need an ISP cable. Usually you can make such a cable connected to the parallel port of your PC, but you will soon after be posting asking why it doesn't work. No offense, this setup is not really reliable since all parallel ports are different. You would be better off building or buying a usbasp programmer which is very reliable. Search this forum for 89S51 ISP programming. You will find some links with source code and schematic diagrams.

If you are dead set on building a parallel port cable, search Google for Adam Dybkowski, ISP programmer. Use this software with the cable.

this is already discussed in the forum many times, and many many people have contributed to this... read the sticky put by nandhu about this topic

hi srizbf,
By saying "Without burner" i meant to say without Programmer...sorry for the confusion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.