Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 PROBLEM WITH ISP PROGRAMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrax

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 isp programmer

i use this programmer:
**broken link removed**
wneh i upload my hex to IC, i can't rewrite the chip it take me error. If some have same problem please HELP. I think the chip is locked self and i can't unlock it.

problem isp 8051

syrax said:
I think the chip is locked self and i can't unlock it.

The chip is unlocked once an erase command has been issued. If you're using Asim Khan ISP3.0 then clicking on write button will first erase the chip and then the new hex file written into microcontroller.

In order to check your circuit, click on "Signature" button. At the bottom of the window you should see the three bytes according to your microcontroller AT89S51/89S52/89S8252/89S8253

It should be different of 00 00 00.

8051 read back from buffer

when i uplod ff-s buffer, no problem , but when i read, in chip was some values .... diferent from ff
and when i load into buffer my hex, it take me error. May be the chip is damaged, but read signature successfull. Is important to put in schematic a buffer, because i made programmer without bufer

thanks

8051 isp programmer lpt

syrax said:
Is important to put in schematic a buffer, because i made programmer without bufer

It's recommended if a long parallel cable is used.

asim khan isp programmer

it is 1.5 M. Is that a problem ?

74ls541 circuit

what kind of error does it give. If it is device check error, then check the type of the device selected.

isp cable 8051 spi-pgm

it told me about diference btw data and buffer, i select my chip form list. I try tomoroow becouse the problem is may be in the chip. I waiting for 3 new chips and I will post the result.

isp programmer serial port 8051

syrax said:
it told me about diference btw data and buffer, i select my chip form list. I try tomoroow becouse the problem is may be in the chip. I waiting for 3 new chips and I will post the result.

I feel cable length is the problem.

better use the buffer chip, than facing data error.

even with buffer I faced this problem when lengthy cable is used.

picstudent

unlock at89s52 programmer

i can't find that buffer. I make another programmer rusian ver. Hameleon. It's work perfect. I will post all, after change the language fro rusioan to english :)))

8051 parallel programmer

where should be buffer ic be placed at Micro end or at parallel port end?
Thanks

spi pgm 3.7

I have also made the same programmmer by Asim Khan. I too sometimes have similar problems with it. Sometimes the ISP-30 program says 'no signature from uC' , or it writes a bit of program(two or three bars) and in the mid it gives an error and says ' Error writing to adress....' .

From experience I have found that these problems occur when my microcontroller is not fixed properly on the programmer (I have used a 40 pin IC base instead of the ZIF socket). When I press it hard or take it out and then put it back in,the program works !! !

I dont know the exact reason but most probably,it is due to some loose connections. Check your connections maybe the reason for your problem is the same as that of mine.

isp parallel port 8051

wthak kind of buffer to use. I have hc541 and ls244, i meen everywhere the bufer is HCT i have hc is that problem ?

isp programer v3.7

try erasing the chip in the parellel programmer. then u may try. it should work. or try reducing the baud rate in flash magic to half duplex.

isp loader for 89s52 schematic

what do you meen with "flash magic" the problem is in that i haven't parallel programmer i ama almost ready with serial programmer with hc541 i will try it today

8051 microcontroller isp problem

Hai
As far as I know "Flash Magic" is the philips MCU programmer software.

Picstudent

create at89s52 flash programmer

i wanna make this only for firmware of "89 serial programmer"

**broken link removed**, i haven't LPT ot my Notebook :((

isp 8051 parallel port

Syrax,

Try to build your programmer according with "Cheap Loader Cable of Asim's ISP for 89S52" schematics but keep the wires between pins 6, 7, 9, 10 and respectively pins 6, 7, 8, 9 of microcontroller as short as possible, even less than 10cm.
You don't need the buffer. It should work. I know it's an effort since you need this only to get a master chip for h**p://chaokhun.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/89prog/index.html
You can build the circuit in less than half an hour. Use a breadboard few wires and DB25 male plug for LPT port.
If you still have problems then change the BIOS settings from SPP to ECP or EPP.

You said that reading of signature byte was succesfully. What are the three bytes on the bottom of the window and for which chip ?

error isp programmer

i found at89s52 - 24pu
pu have a diferent signature bytes becouse it is ...something free.... i meen the cip is at89s52 /i have and normal at89s52 chip/. i make a simple cable on board. I put da board direktly to port and when read the flash ..... have same trouble. The LPT is set to standart SPP. now i make the ISP programmer but with 74HC541, not 74HCT541, whene i have done i will post the result
btw:thanks to all for help :) :)

isp-prog 2007 not known 00,00,00

i finish the prorammer but when programing, it doesn.t clear a flash. It reading sigtnature perfect, reading flash perfect, but can't preprograming. It can't erase the flash /with PGM 3.7/ that is very good soft for this type programmer

Thats is the my programmer:

Status
Not open for further replies.